Some final notes:
1) Two parents checked out a book from me during open house - one was THE FEEDBACK FIX and one was LEARN LIKE A PIRATE - if you've got one of those, please return it. (I'll look for those check out slips I've misplaced.) Thank you!
2) Please ask your child to look for books from our classroom as well, so they can return them next week. It takes a bit of moolah and used book sales to grow our classroom library.
3) We're ending the year with THE OUTSIDERS! If students haven't already asked you to sign the permission slip for the movie, please bug them about it - it's so fun to wrap up the year with something everyone loves.
4) Our grades will be in by Monday, so look for our conference sheet going home around Wednesday.
5) Please take a few minutes to complete this anonymous online survey. Thank you so very much!
6) It's been awesome - We've had our ups and downs through the year, and that's how middle school goes. We've read about the adolescent brain (here and below) as a class, and if you read it as well, it may alleviate some of the teen angst you're feeling, too. ;) I'm now reading THE POWER OF THE ADOLESCENT BRAIN, and it, too, has some great insights. Hang in there!
There are TWO great resources for FURTHER READING this week:
"The Teenage Brain" article your child read in class
"Stop Summer Slide with Summer Reading" infographic along with...
Our TMS summer reading list of ideas AND...
Our Weebly page that has MORE suggestions for wild reading over the summer!