Are there rules for commenting on blogs? You bet!
The rules for commenting are the same for in class. There's actually only one rule -----> Respect.
The Wordle to the right was made from your suggestions of what a perfect teacher is. Did you know - it's the same for any person? If you are kind, helpful, understanding, and maybe even fun or funny, you are leaving the right type of comment. Think of what you'd want someone to say to YOU.
T.H.I.N.K. before you post a comment...
T- Is it thoughtful and true?
H - Is it helpful?
I - Is it illegal? Don't post it.
N - Is it necessary?
K - Is it kind?
Two more tips before you post...
1. Use correct grammar and punctuation - it makes you more credible (believable).
2. Ask a question to keep the conversation going, then check back later to see if he or she answered you.
Essentials of a Great Post
1. Catchy title
2. Includes at least one visual (your own photo, cartoon, video, Glogster, Wordle, Thinglink...)
3. Interesting topic with the passion of the author coming through - your message is clear
4. Well-written, and not copy / pasted from somewhere else
5. Proofread & spell-checked - your best work
6. Written in paragraphs or prose format
7. Includes links to other websites on similar topics
8. Includes a question to the reader - challenging him or her to think
Credit to: Student Blogging Challenge site for most of these ideas
What does a blog comment look like?
It provides feedback, answers a question, adds on to the information, asks the blogger a question, gives a compliment... It is a short conversation between the reader and the writer.